dietitians are food and
experts, translating the science of nutrition into practical
solutions for healthy living. The expertise, training and credentials
that back a registered dietitian are vital for promoting positive
you need food and nutrition information based on fact or need to know
how a healthy diet improves health and fights disease -- rely on
qualified professionals in the field.
dietitians draw on their experience to develop a personalized
nutrition plan for individuals of all ages. They are able to separate
facts from fads and translate nutritional science into information
you can use. A registered dietitian can help you on the path to
lowering weight, eating healthy, and reducing your risk of chronic
disease. 10 Reasons to See a Registered Dietitian
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems, or high blood pressure.
- You are thinking of having or have had gastric bypass surgery.
- You have digestive problems.
- You are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
- You need confidence and guidance for breastfeeding your baby.
- Your teenager has issues with food and eating healthfully.
- You need to gain or lose weight.
- You are caring for an aging patient.
- You want to eat smarter.
- You want to improve your performance in sports.
Source: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics